Well, a few days ago finished reading the first 6 books (we are waiting for the translation of the rest) of the saga of Rivia Geralt, the Polish writer Andrzej Sapkowski. I must say I loved it, the story grabbed me and hooked me in a way that I could not stop reading it. A gripping story with characters of great strength with which you end up identifying yourself, all within the fantasy genre.
Recommended by 100%, and look forward to the translation the seventh book. Is that this saga will be one of my favorites, next to Dragonlance, Lord of the Rings and A Song of Ice and Fire.
-
1 - The last wish :
Original title: Ostatní Zyczenie
Editorial: Bibliopolis (2003)
Home: Roberto Uriel / DPI Communication
Summary:
Rivia Geralt warlock and superhuman mutant, makes his living as a hunter of monsters in a land of magic and wonder, with two shoulder-blades of steel for men, and beasts-silver realizes striga, Manticore, taps , vampires, werewolf chimeras, but only when they threaten peace.
Ironic, cynical, skeptical and always wandering, her steps take you from town to town offering their services, finding most of the time that the real monsters hide behind human faces.
raffle intrigues On his way, choose the lesser evil, discuss issues of price, tread the end of the world and make his last wish: thus begins the adventures of Geralt of Rivia witch.
-
2 - The Sword of Destiny :
Original title: Miecz Przeznaczenia
Editorial: Bibliopolis (2003)
Home: Roberto Uriel / DPI Communication
Summary:
The life of a monster hunter witch is not easy. No sooner does one have to get up to his neck in a manure pit to eliminate the scavenging beast that threatens the city, trying not to catch an incurable infection, as can be found attached to the hunt for one of the last dragons, in which question is not whether to kill hunters get the poor beast, but what happens when they have to share the spoils.
Magi, princes, estarostas, Voievod, Druids, vexlings, dryads, jugglers and creatures of every stripe populate this land locked survival conflict, greed and love, including advances, alone, the witcher Geralt of Rivia.
-
3 - The Blood of the Elves :
Original title: Krew Elfów
Editorial: Bibliopolis (2003)
Home: Gallego Bros
Truly I tell you near the time of the sword and ax, the time of the wild storm. Time is approaching and White Winter White Light. Time Folly and Time of Hate, Time of the End The world will die from frost and rise again with the new sun. Rise from the Old Blood, Hen Icha, the seed sown. Seed germination but not bursting into flames. It will be! Look at the signs! What signals are, I will tell you: first poured on the earth's blood seidh Aen, Blood of the Elves ...
Ithlinnespeath Aen, aep Aegli Ithlinne prophecy Aevenien
-
4 - Time of Hate :
heading for T original: Czas pogardy
Editorial: Bibliopolis (2004)
Home: Gallego Bros
Summary:
The catastrophe has befallen the world of Geralt of Rivia.
say that I knew would be an exaggeration. I think, except the witch and the sorceress, nobody ever really knew. When I first saw caused me no particular impression, even despite the extraordinary circumstances that accompanied it. I know of some who have said immediately, at first glance, perceived the breath of death that followed this girl. For me though it seemed completely normal, and by then I knew that was not normal, so I forced myself to look, discover, perceive the extraordinary in it. But I saw nothing and no perceived. Nothing that could have been identified, foreboding or prophecy of the tragic events that followed. Those of which was the cause. And those that she caused.
-
5 - Baptism of Fire :
original heading for T : Chrzest ogni
Editorial: Bibliopolis (2005)
Home: Gallego Bros
Summary:
Then the prophet told the witch: "I give this advice: wear boots mistake, take in hand a baton blunder. Go with your boots mistake until the end of the world and on the road waving his cane and covers everything with tears. Go through fire and water, do not stop and look around. And when you wear clogs when discarding stick mistake, when the wind and heat will dry the eyes of such way that they can accurately a tear away, then at the end of the world, find what you want and what you love. It could be. "
And the witch cross the water and fire, without looking around. But it was not taken unawares boots cane. Only took his sword witch. He heard the words of the prophet. Well he did, because it was a bad prophet.
-
6 - The Tower of the Swallow :
T ITLE original W your can starts Jaskólki
Editorial: Bibliopolis (2006)
Home: Gallego Bros
Summary:
Penultimate volume of the saga that has convulsed the fantasy. Ciri, turned over the shoulder, facing a ruthless murderer sent after her by the Emperor of Nilfgaard. The Little Witch is becoming more deadly and ruthless ... but perhaps not enough. Meanwhile, the company Geralt goes into the south, and Yennefer tracks the ocean in search of hiding Vilgefortz traitor wizard, which may be related to the death of parents Ciri. As you know its hundreds of thousands of readers throughout Europe, with the adventure Sapkowski, humanity and originality are guaranteed.
"The only salvation is the Tower of the Swallow, called by the elves Tor Zireael
" I can give you everything you want, "said the fairy. Wealth, power and scepter, fame, a long and happy life. Choose.
I do not want wealth or fame, power and scepters, "said the witch. I want a horse that is black and so impossible to achieve as the night wind. I want a sword that is bright and sharp as the rays of the moon. I traverse the world in the dark night with my black horse, I want to break the forces of Evil and Darkness with my lightsaber. That's what I want.
"I'll give a horse that is black as night and lighter than the wind that night," he promised the fairy. I'll give you a sword that will be brighter and sharper than the rays of the moon. But there is little to ask, witch at all, you took advantage of me dearly.
- What? I have nothing really.
"With your blood. Flourens
Delannoy, Tales and Legends "
saga Rivia Geralt has been one of the biggest sellers in Central Europe, knowing comic version, a Polish film blockbuster, Wiedzmin (Marek Brodzki, 2001) and a television series of DVT.
-
7 - The Lady of the Lake :
(Awaiting publication)
leave the video game was inspired by this saga, muyyyy good. Enjoy.
0 comments:
Post a Comment